Sunday 29 September 2013

Garage Glass

Last week I took a couple of trips to Newtownabbey, just outside Belfast, to blow glass in Brian Kerr's garage...Garage Glass!  I had the pleasure of meeting Brian and his wife Valerie about 6 months ago when Scott Benefield had brought his furnace to Flowerfield Arts Centre, Portstewart.  Brian has taken various glass blowing lessons throughout the UK (such as at the Glass Hub  and World of Glass) and has purchased a Mini-Melt furnace/gloryhole combo unit to keep making, literally in his own back garden!

It's such a rare opportunity for me to blow glass in N.Ireland, so I'm delighted to be able to work at Garage Glass.  I'm currently preparing for Made London fair (which runs from 25th-27th October at One Marylebone) so I got lots of 'Mini-Vases' made this week.

'Mini-Vases' in the Lehr

'Mini-Melt'












No comments:

Post a Comment