Wednesday 30 October 2013

MADE London 2013

I'm just back from 3 full days of exhibiting my work at the MADE London fair at One Marylebone.  It was the culmination of many months of planning and making to show a really cohesive and solid body of work.  I was therefore showing some new work for the first time:

'Jelly Beans'; these are pieces I had made during the summer in Stourbridge and have 2 layers of glass, an interior that is a bright opaque colour and an exterior that is a darker/deeper transparent colour. See previous blog post.

'Mini Vases'; I first made these in 2010 while working in Denmark, but haven't made them since and have now developed a colour range.  See my last blog post.

'Colourscape'; short and extra long necklaces of lampworked beads that show a subtle graduation of colour.  These were very popular, particularly the shorter version!

The fair had a great atmosphere, with lots of brilliantly high-quality work on display, including my boyfriend Adam Frew.

My Stand at MADE London fair

From the top: 'Colourscape' Necklaces, 'Jelly Beans' and 'Eye Candy'

A rainbow of 'Mini Vases', new short 'Colourscape' Necklaces and a muted range of 'Molecule' jewellery

Adam Frew Ceramics stand


No comments:

Post a Comment