Monday 26 March 2012

Space Craft, Belfast

Last Saturday I called in to Space Craft , which is up the outdoor escalator (!) of the Fountain Centre in Belfast.  It's run by a collective, the CDC (Craft and Design Collective) of which I am a part.  The organisation hold regular exhibitions, craft fairs and is generally a great way to meet other makers and be involved in craft in N.Ireland.  I am currently in their annual exhibition, 'Commemorate', a title that encompasses all things N.Ireland tourism is celebrating this year, including the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.


My group of 'Wild Flowers' are a celebration of life and symbolic of a blossoming future, also what the year 2012 signifies to N.I.  The exhibition will run until Saturday 28th April.


Space Craft also has one of the best shops in Belfast for local quality craft.  The perfect place for gifts and souvenirs....it also now stocks my range of lampworked glass jewellery!


No comments:

Post a Comment