Wednesday 21 March 2012

'Talente' Exhibition, Munich


Last weekend I took a trip, with my brother Kenny, to Munich to have a look at an exhibition I'm taking part in.  'Talente' is an international exhibition of designer/makers under the age of 33, and product designers up to 35 years old.  This year's show presented work from 98 young designers from 28 countries.  It was a great opportunity to see very innovative work in a wide variety of disciplines.  Unfortunately I could only take photos of my own work (they were very strict!!) so I have scanned some images from the catalogue of pieces I found particularly interesting...I also scanned the catalogue cover (above)  which shows my piece!!

                                             
                                     


My 'Eye Candy' blown glass sculptures

Northern Irish jeweller, Emma McFarline exhibited 'Straat Reversible Pendant'


And another jeweller from N.Ireland!..Lynsay Raine with 'Brutal Beauty'


German glass artist Marco Merkel's 'Scolyt'

'Meisje' digitally printed necklace by Germany based pair, Vivian Meller and Laura Alvarado

'The Landscape of Home', quilt by Rebekah Harman, New Zealand


Probably my favourite piece, 'Natura Morta' by Christopher Thompson Royds, pressed flowers glued to thin sheets of silver and varnished..looked like it was enamelled!


The exhibition  was part of the annual Handwerkskammer Trade Fair.  Each year a chosen craft material is given particular attention.  Luckily for me, this year it was glass!!  I got to see a lot of inspiring pieces and there was even a working glassblowing studio set up in the hall.

They were using an electric furnace from Pika in Slovakia 

And aside from all the craft, we got to try lots of lovely Bavarian beer too!

Left to Right: Kenny (brother!), Vicky Shaw (ceramics), 
Rebekah Harman (textiles), me, Laura Alvarado (jeweller)


No comments:

Post a Comment