Thursday 4 July 2013

Portrait by Christopher Martin

Several weeks ago I took part in a project which involved having my portrait taken by Belfast photographer Christopher Martin.  He came up to my studio in Portstewart and spent one hour chatting with me and took several photos (not many, he prefers the pre-digital approach to photography; more consideration, less snapping) in order to get one image of me.

It was an interesting and slightly intense process, although Christopher put me at my ease, it was hard to look into the camera in a natural way and to not smile .  Seeing the resultant image below was also a strange experience as I have never seen myself photographed in this way, I'm normally grinning or have my eyes closed!  However I have now gotten used to it and am very happy to have such a high quality, profession portrait shot.

To see more of Christopher's work take a look at his website: www.oppositepage.com

My Portrait taken by Christopher Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment